IOM works in close cooperation with the Hungarian Authorities – the National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing (NDGAP) to organize your return.
The typical scenario is as follows:
- The client completes and submits the application form.
- The application form is processed by the National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing (NDGAP)
- If the application form is approved, IOM Budapest Operations Department will receive a request to arrange return travel for the beneficiary.
- Appropriate documentation for your return, including passport and transit visas (if necessary) are arranged with the help of the embassy/consulate of your country of origin.
- A one–way flight ticket is purchased and IOM Budapest will make the necessary arrangements for transit and reception assistance if needed.
- If necessary, an escort may be accompanying you (for example, if you are under 18 years old or have a medical condition).
- IOM office in your country of origin is informed about your expected arrival. If needed, IOM Budapest will make arrangements for you to receive onward transportation assistance to your final destination.
- IOM staff will assist you with pre-departure and departure arrangements. A petty cash allowance of 30 EUR is to be provided by IOM staff upon departure.
Reintegration assistance is received after arrival in your home country (if applied for and awarded).